Brown Bag Program

The program works to alleviate hunger among the elderly. Each week, the Food Bank sets aside nutritious items from its inventory for Brown Bag recipients. Food items include nutritious staples and fresh produce, which are often prohibitively expensive for low-income seniors.
In 2014, the Brown Bag program distributed more than 1,466,175 pounds of food and more than 320,046 pounds of fresh produce to 1,000 seniors each week at 15 sites.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

CSFP is a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) program that provides clients with one of six age-prescribed food kits each month through a network of local charitable organizations. The program serves seniors 60 years and older who meet income eligibility requirements.

Through CSFP, the Food Bank provides food kits to more than 20,000 seniors at more than 100 partner agency sites. Last year, CSFP distributed nearly 7 million pounds of shelf stable food items and over 40,000 pounds of fresh produce. 

While this program is primarily funded by the USDA, donated funds can help the Food Bank meet the increased demand for food assistance.


USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) 

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at 

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities and you wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).